Plant for pulverisation and separation of steel scrap
In order to meet recent legislation on reduction of waste deposit from steel scrap, Stena Metal Recycling A/S was to put into operation a plant based on completely new pulverisation principles at their facility at the Port of Grenaa before the end of 2017.
The plant included several powder management and separation processes connected by approximately 40 conveyor belts, elevators, etc.
The project was based mainly on a number of procurements based on operational needs concerning a basic engineering package while construction and calculation of the steel structure were performed as detailed engineering by Process Engineering.
Process Engineering’s project manager and specialists mainly worked from the project office in Copenhagen. However, in connection with the preparation of the tender materials and screening of suppliers the project manager moved his office to Stena Metal Recycling’s office.
While the project was implemented, we adjusted our project organisation to include two to seven people depending on the need for various competences.
Service and scope of the project
Our service and the scope of the project include:
- Project management of engineering
- Basic engineering concerning the mechanical engineering work
- Electricity, SRO and construction engineering performed in collaboration with sub-supplier
- Procurement support in connection with all supplies
- Construction and calculation of steel structure
- Preparation of procurement based on operational needs