Pilot project - Protein Launch Plant
Pilot project relating to a process plant for construction of a “Protein Launch Plant” based on fishmeal from krill pellets plus localisation of the process plant. The overall schedule involved commercial production from January 2020.
Process Engineering provided knowhow of process design and CAD design.
The factory is a green field facility where the process plant consists of high technology unit operations such as a mixing plant, hydrolisation, separation and centrifuging, a filtration plant, evaporation, spray drying, process integration and a CIP-plant.
Service and scope of the project
Our service and the scope of the project cover:
- Process flow diagram
- Mass balance (total kilos)
- Clarification of design criteria
- Technology recommendations
- Coordination of automation solution (control system)
- Tender material
- Tender evaluation
- Building footprint
- Machine plan
- The process plant’s consumption figures
- Installation design specification
- Process plant CapEx +/-20%